Wind Conducting

At Truman, students can find opportunities to conduct various ensembles. Truman State University offers a Master of Arts degree with an emphasis in wind conducting. Through Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant (GTRA) positions, graduate students conduct the University Concert Bands, Wind Symphony II, and Wind Symphony I, along with various chamber ensembles. Undergraduate students have the opportunity to apply for a Conducting Apprenticeship, allowing them to work with and conduct the University Concert Band.

Courses offered include:

  • Undergraduate Basic Conducting
  • Advanced Conducting
  • Graduate Conducting